· CES is a K-5 school with approximately 290 students. Thirteen general education classrooms (two each at the Kdg-5th grade level) allow for an average class size of 25.
· CES has celebrated consistent academic growth during the past six years! In 2012, 3rd-6th grade students scored above the state average in 4/11 content areas tested on state achievement testing (MEAP) and achieved AYP in each year of its existence.
· A developed curriculum! School Improvement plans have been developed for each core-content area: Math, ELA, Science and Social Studies. S.I. Plans identify student achievement goals and effective teaching strategy to improve student learning.
· Assistance for all children! All teaching staff at CES has been trained in Response to Intervention (RTI) practices. Reading Recovery and Title I programs are available to assist ALL students with their academic progress. After school tutoring and computer, music and EPEC Physical Education programs are also implemented to improve student learning opportunities.
· Opportunities to play sports! Elementary football, basketball and wrestling intramural programs are available for all students.
· District-wide Bully Prevention program! Using a consequence rubric to enhance the learning environment, this program follows Dr. Marcia McEvoy's principles for reducing mean/aggressive and bullying behaviors.
· A friendly, comfortable environment where students feel loved and safe to learn. Parent involvement is always encouraged.